12TH EUROPEAN PUBLIC HEALTH CONFERENCE
noviembre 20 - noviembre 23
THEME: BUILDING BRIDGES FOR SOLIDARITY AND PUBLIC HEALTH
Health is regarded more and more as a wide societal concern. The public health community has responded to this challenge by building bridges with professionals from other domains of society: food, transport, social services, environment, etc. Marseille has for centuries been one of gateways for people crossing the Mediterranean but, in recent years, that journey has been characterized by tragedies among those seeking a better livelihood in Europe. The Marseille conference offers an opportunity to build new bridges: of working together between the public health communities in Europe and Africa, seeking solutions to our shared challenges as inhabitants of a small planet now facing global threats, from climate change, emerging infections, and the global epidemic of non-communicable diseases.
The theme for the 12th EPH Conference is ‘Building bridges for solidarity and public health’. Plenary sessions are organized around the following themes:
- Building bridges migration in a planetary context.
- Solidarity for public health – integrating poverty, conflict and other threats to health.
- Building bridges between professions.
- New roles for public health practice.
- Building global bridges between public health communities.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Abstract submission is open until 1 May 2019. Abstracts are invited for workshops, oral presentations, pitch presentations and E-posters. A specific track has been created for Digital Health. Prizes will be awarded for the best oral, poster and early career professional’s presentation. Do not miss the opportunity to be recognised for your hard work. Abstracts are invited for the following abstract submission tracks:
- Solidarity in health
- Migration and health
- Digital health
- European and global health
- Maternal, child and adolescent public health
- Chronic diseases
- Environment, climate and health/Urban health
- Food, nutrition and diet
- Health assessments: impact, technology
- Health at work, Social security
- Health services research
- Health systems and economics
- Health workforce development and research
- Healthy living and health promotion
- Infectious diseases, preparedness and vaccines
- Learning from practice
- Mental health
- Epidemiology, public health monitoring and reporting
- Injury prevention/genomics/ethics
- LGBTI and minorities health/other public health issues
Abstracts and workshop proposals can be submitted here.
ABSTRACT MENTORING PROGRAMME
EPH Conference offers an Abstract Mentoring Programme providing an opportunity for young and/or less experienced abstract submitters to receive feedback from experienced reviewers. The programme is targeted at researchers who have limited access to colleagues to ask for guidance and comments on their proposed abstracts. More information here.
TRAVEL TO MARSEILLE
By Air: Airport Marseille-Provence is served by over 30 airlines with direct connections to 100 destinations in Europe, Middle East and Africa. In addition it is connected to over 40 low-cost destinations in France and Europe.
By Train: Marseille Saint Charles Station can easily be reached from Paris in three hours by high-speed train (TGV). Saint Charles Station is at the heart of the city centre, five metro stops on a direct line from Marseille Chanot. More information here.
Registration for the 12th EPH Conference opens 1 April 2019. We are expecting over 1,500 delegates. Don’t miss the largest public health event in Europe and register early to benefit from the reduced rates. Registration fees are announced shortly on our website.